Arlesey Car & Commercial,
Old Oak Industrial Estate,
Bedfordshire, SG15 6XD
Workshop Hours 7.30am - 6.00pm Mobile Hours 6.00pm - 7.30am
Tel: 01462 834633 workshop
Tel: 07850 716309 out of hours
How we collect your personal data
We collect your personal data to give you the best possible experience as a user of our products and services. In general, we collect information from you when you interact with us to request a quote or availability check, open up an account, visit our website contact us with an enquiry or complaint. This covers all channels of communication with us, including over the telephone, email, social media and in person.
We’ll collect the following information from you when you request a quote or availability check:
- Your name
- Contact address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Vehicle Registration
When you open an account, we’ll also collect:
- Name and contact details of individuals authorised to access your account
- Bank account or payment details
How we use your personal data
We’ll use your personal data for the purposes outlined below:
To fulfil our contractual agreement to provide you with our products and services:
- Where requested by you, to provide you with a quotation for any of our products and services
- To deliver our products and services to you according to our contractual agreement
- To collect customer payments and manage payment plans
- To contact you with important information about your account, including bills and statements
To comply with our legal obligations
- To meet our data protection obligations to verify your identity, before we provide you with information relating to your account
- To resolve any disputes relating to your service usage with us,
- For the detection and prevention of crime,
- To ensure that your contact details are correct
Where we have legitimate business interests:
- To respond to customer enquiries and complaints
- To manage payment schedules, and debt collection
- Subject to your marketing preferences, to provide you with information about products and services that we think you’d benefit from, by post, telephone or by electronic means
Where we have your consent:
- To provide you with information about products and services that we think you’d benefit from in accordance with your marketing preferences
If you are an existing customer, subject to your marketing preferences, or where you have otherwise expressly consented, we’ll send you relevant information about products and services that we think you’d benefit from.
We never sell your data to third parties
This information could be sent to you via text, telephone, email or post.
Where is my personal data stored
We take data security very seriously and will keep your information as secure as possible by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Arlesey Car and Commercials Ltd have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the confidentiality of the personal data we store. These include limiting access to your personal data to those who need it and training our employees about the importance of maintaining the privacy and security of your personal data.
To comply with the statutory retention periods for accounting records, as set by the Companies Act and HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
To enable us to provide you with our products and services
To allow us to resolve any disputes or complaints
For the detection and prevention of fraud
Data subject rights
The following section sets out your rights in relation to your personal data. This includes your rights under the Data Protection Act, in addition to the enhanced rights that you will be entitled to post 25th May 2018, following the coming into force of the GDPR.
If you would like to exercise any of your data subject rights, please contact us by:
Telephone: 01462 834.633
Post: ARLESEY CAR AND COMMERCIALS LTD
UNIT 4B OLD OAK IND EST
BEDS SG15 6XD
You have the following rights and choices in relation to your personal data:
- Please note, however, that in certain circumstances we are not required to provide the information requested.
- Where we refuse a request, we will explain our reasons for the refusal, and remind you of your right to complain.
Certain personal data may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances. If an exemption applies, we will tell you this when responding to your request. We may request that you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to any request you make.
You have the right to ensure that any information we hold about you is accurate and kept up to date. Please let us know if you would like to update any inaccurate or incomplete records.
You are also entitled to the following additional rights under the GDPR. These rights will become effective after 25th May 2018.
You have the right to request that we erase your personal data on the following grounds:
- Your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected or processed
- If the processing is based on consent, you choose to withdraw your consent and there is no other legal ground for processing
- You object to processing, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds to continue the processing
- Your personal data has been processed unlawfully
- Your personal data must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation
You have the right to request the restriction of processing of your personal data under specific conditions, unless we have a lawful reason to continue, such as for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You have the right to request a copy of personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, organisation.
You have the right to object to processing which is based on:
- Legitimate interests
- Tasks carried out in the public interest
- Direct marketing
If you would like to make a complaint, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Mrs S Hyde
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
ICO – INFORMATION FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
0303 123 1113 – Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 except Wednesday closed pm.